I’m a huge supporter of sharing compensation values amongst peers (or people who are looking to become peers). Hiding your compensation doesn’t benefit anyone other than a company trying to low-ball you, and sharing your compensation with others helps make sure that we’re all working from the same information and getting paid what we’re worth. Below you can find my titles and and compensation at the time (to the best of my memory).
- Principal Site Reliability Engineer [June 2021 - Current] - $162k Base, 10% Bonus, ~$6k/year in stock
- Senior Site Reliability Engineer [June 2019 - June 2021] - $140k Base
- Site Reliability Engineer [December 2018 - June 2019] - $136k Base
- Product Support Engineer [October 2016 - December 2018] - $125k Base + Cost of Living raise annually
- Software Engineer [July 2015 - October 2016] - $60k Base
- QA Engineer [July 2013 - July 2015] - $50k Base
- Remote Support Technician [July 2013 - July 2015] - $19/hour